樓主: lvrunner
打印 上一主題 下一主題

2009 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs?

[複製鏈接]

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

1#
發表於 2009-5-6 21:51:50 | 顯示全部樓層
I follow it.  But my team lost in the first round.  

It's only on cable in Hong Kong and I'm not crazy about the other sports on the channel (translation:  too cheap) to pay to subscribe.

They start to show highlights on TV news now.  And I sometimes watch internet TV.  

Say, you're from LV.  There's no NHL team in LV.  Would've thought you'd be more interested in the NBA playoffs these days.  LeBron James has a house in LV, right?

[ 本帖最後由 lips 於 2009-5-6 21:53 編輯 ]

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

2#
發表於 2009-5-7 21:19:57 | 顯示全部樓層
Ha Ha.  Calgary is my team.  They lost in the first round.  

I don't like warm-weather teams - LA, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, ... Hockey is meant to be played in -30C!  Even when it's played indoor it *should* be -30 outside.

Battle of Alberta.  Sigh.

[ 本帖最後由 lips 於 2009-5-7 21:21 編輯 ]

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

3#
發表於 2009-5-9 09:11:44 | 顯示全部樓層
Never played baseball myself.  Used to watch the final few games of the North American Major Leagues on TV, and the highlights on the news.  Watch part of the recent World Baseball Classics on TV recently.  In my mind baseball is one of the hardest game to play well but most boring game to watch.  

Don't follow it too closely now.

Would be interested in the local baseball scene and development though.  Is it a popular sport for kids?  Do they have school teams?  Amateur league?  Any adult league?

It's great that your son is in the Hong Kong Baseball Team.  What position does he play?  Pitcher, outfield, baseman, catcher?  How often does the team play?  Against what other teams?

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

4#
發表於 2009-5-9 18:53:13 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 迪迪仔 於 2009-5-9 17:10 發表

我就唔算BASEBALL fans,
但係自從安裝左NOW之後,佢地一個星期會直播三場[差不多一定係NY YANKEES],
...一有好球員就買晒佢地返黎,唉....... ...

Don't matter a hoot.  They haven't won a World Series since 2000.  

Baseball is less boring on TV 'cause all the boring time slots are filled with replays and commentaries.  If you watch it live :yawn:  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .........

Hockey is exciting to watch.  But if you watch it the first time, especially on TV, you'll miss the puck 'cause it travels very fast.  And you'll only learn to appreciate the fights after a while.       Back to the playoff, Chicago's tied with Vancouver.  Go Hawks!

Even though both sports are not that popular in Hong Kong, I bet there's more participation in baseball than hockey - there should be more baseball diamonds in Hong Kong than ice rinks (I think).  I do notice kids with their parents hauling hockey gears to ice rinks in the weekend.

[ 本帖最後由 lips 於 2009-5-9 18:55 編輯 ]

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

5#
發表於 2009-5-9 22:01:13 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 runrun 於 2009-5-9 16:49 發表
Actually Baseball is not considered as a popular sport in Hong Kong.
There are two official baseball organisations in Hong Kong. One is the
Hong Kong Baseball Association, the management and player ...

Sounds like your son has the potential and the drive to go farther in baseball than most in Hong Kong, and he's enjoying it.  How does he compare to other pitchers in his age groups in, say, Taiwan?

Playing baseball at a high level, i.e. professionally, is very difficult.  Michael Jordan tried for a couple of years as a minor league player for a farm team of the Chicago White Sox, during his first retirement from basketball, and he failed (miserably in my opinion).  Not that he was athletically over the hill at the time.  He actually went back to the NBA afterwards and won three more championships.  It just shows how difficult baseball is as a sport.

With the limited support and facilities in Hong Kong, your son has already achieved a lot, and I'm sure he'll achieve more in the future, especially with a supportive and understanding parent like you.

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

6#
發表於 2009-5-9 22:01:57 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 runrun 於 2009-5-9 16:49 發表
Actually Baseball is not considered as a popular sport in Hong Kong.
There are two official baseball organisations in Hong Kong. One is the
Hong Kong Baseball Association, the management and player ...

Sounds like your son has the potential and the drive to go farther in baseball than most in Hong Kong, and he's enjoying it.  How does he compare to other pitchers in his age group in, say, Taiwan?

Playing baseball at a high level, i.e. professionally, is very difficult.  Michael Jordan tried for a couple of years as a minor league player for a farm team of the Chicago White Sox, during his first retirement from basketball, and he failed (miserably in my opinion).  Not that he was athletically over the hill at the time.  He actually went back to the NBA afterwards and won three more championships.  It just shows how difficult baseball is as a sport.

With the limited support and facilities in Hong Kong, your son has already achieved a lot, and I'm sure he'll achieve more in the future, especially with a supportive and understanding parent like you.

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

[ 本帖最後由 lips 於 2009-5-9 23:21 編輯 ]

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

7#
發表於 2009-5-9 22:09:45 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 迪迪仔 於 2009-5-9 21:22 發表

Frankly speaking, it seems to me that the players are all fighting legally rather than playing a game...

I like to watch the fans during a fight in a hockey game.  

I don't have a favourite MLB team.  Used to cheer for the Cubs.  But they never win anything.  

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

8#
發表於 2009-5-9 23:24:18 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-5-9 23:19 發表
The only two times I was really really into watching baseball was when the Jays were in the world series (1992 against the Braves and 93 against the Phillies).  Everyone in Canada went nuts cheering f ...

I watched those series and cheered for the Jays as well.  Guzman was great.

Go Canada Go!!!  Go Canucks Go!!!

X2

The Russians aren't really as strong as they used to be.  (Remember the KLM line?)  Canucks will win it.

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

[ 本帖最後由 lips 於 2009-5-9 23:29 編輯 ]

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

9#
發表於 2009-5-11 13:32:27 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 19# 的帖子

Vancouver lost.
Anaheim lost.

Canada lost.

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

10#
發表於 2009-5-12 22:42:37 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-5-12 13:54 發表
Vancouver is out!  

Itis going to be the Hawks and Red Wings for the Western Conferencefinal.  I don't really care who comes out from the EasternConference.  May be it is about time to give B ...

Hehe - I like Chicago, as a city - used to spent a bit of time there. Spent time in Vancouver as well but Chicago is the kind of "tough" townthat I like.

I kinda support all Chicago sport teams - Hawks, Cubs (at the expenseof Chisox), Bears, Bulls.  But except for the Bulls and the Bears forone year, the other teams never win anything.

原帖由 runrun 於 2009-5-12 10:11 發表

My son is in the middle-high level of standard if compared with the same age group of
pitchers in HK.  But if compare with those pitcers in Taiwan, I think he is a poor one.
The baseball player ...

Where are the games played?  Maybe I can stop by one weekend and take in a game.

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

11#
發表於 2009-5-15 13:08:29 | 顯示全部樓層
It's Pens , Wings , Hawks , and 'Canes .

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

12#
發表於 2009-5-17 00:02:17 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-5-16 12:16 發表
Well, I will go with the Hawks, last time they won the Lord Stanley Cup was in 1961.

I'd like the Hawks to win as well but somehow I doubt it.  

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

13#
發表於 2009-5-23 21:08:34 | 顯示全部樓層
Hawks are making a series out of it!

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

14#
發表於 2009-5-28 22:17:46 | 顯示全部樓層
Wings vs Pens.  Experience vs youth.  Old vs young.

I think I'll go for youth.  

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

15#
發表於 2009-6-1 15:47:27 | 顯示全部樓層
Detroit's two up!  I was hoping for a passing of the torch.

The series is a long way from over.

升級   37.37%

該用戶從未簽到

16#
發表於 2009-6-13 21:44:52 | 顯示全部樓層
Passing of the torch it is!   
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

香港長跑網

小黑屋|手機觸屏版|電腦版|Archiver|香港長跑網 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 23:22 , Processed in 0.156906 second(s), 23 queries .